Reading survey sent home to some Florida 6th graders attending the acclaimed Ben Hill Middle School (do not miss the scrolling double headers (because one scrolling header is never enough)) included this fabulously pertinent question:
List the subjects you would like to read about. (teen pregnancy, rape, gangs, etc.)
- It was an “outdated” survey.
- The survey was not approved for younger students.
- When was this question “in-dated”?
- Given all the possible subjects available on earth, when would those three topics ever be the three down-selected to make the suggested reading interests for school students?
- Who sends home a survey they randomly grab out of an old file drawer?
- What is wrong with these people?
[Source: Bay News 9]