Nothing is better on St. Patrick’s Day than a hearty dinner of corned beef and cabbage. It’s fattier than most meals I serve, but we like it once a year to celebrate our Irish heritage.
Serve this vegetable rich dinner with Irish soda bread, and you’ve got a full meal.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 30 baby carrots
- 15 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 lb corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 6 C water
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 head green cabbage, coarsely chopped
- Layer onion, carrots, and potatoes in bottom of slow cooker. Place brisket on top of vegetables.
- Sprinkle spice packet on top of brisket. Pour water and broth over brisket.
- Set crockpot to low. Cook 8–10 hours.
- An hour before serving, stir in chopped cabbage. Cook 1 hour longer.