I’m all about easy, healthy food. Because of that, my slow cooker is one of the most used appliances in my house. Prepping the dinner food when the kitchen is already being used for breakfast and possibly packed lunches, means one cleanup. It also means less stress in the evening when we may all be heading out for rehearsals, games, performances, or dates.
Today I made an enormously simple meal that took less than 10 minutes to make. It consists of dumping some stuff into the slow cooker and turning it on. All that is left to do is gather the condiments and I’ll be making a vegetable (today, butternut squash, which looked to pretty!) to go on the side.
If you enjoy it as much as we did, please pin the image to one of your foodie boards!
- 5 lbs frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 6 T taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 C finely chopped cilantro
- 1 jar salsa (I use Great Value Lime Garlic Salsa)
- 2 limes
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomato
- Grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Layer taco seasoning mix, cilantro, and salsa on top.
- Cut limes in fourths. Squeeze juice over salsa and place the lime into the crockpot
- Cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 8 hours).
- Remove lime pieces and shred chicken breasts with fork. Put chicken back in crock with sauce.
- Serve wrapped in tortillas, with desired toppings.
Modified from Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken by ltlmsmfft