Not awash in Irish culture? No problem. It’s easy to make St. Patrick’s Day memorable. Here are some ideas:
- Wear green. I know, I know, it’s not an authentic tradition, but do it anyway. Or you’ll be sorry — all day long.
- Tape green paper shamrocks all over your windows.
- Play Celtic music all day long.
- Get on your ghillies and dance — especially jigs and Irish step (I took classes from Rinceoiri Don Spraoi (rin-cory don spree), starting when I was 36. You’re never too old to dance!)
- Eat St. Patrick’s Day themed foods:
- Eat green, heart-shaped waffles or pancakes arranged to look like a shamrock for breakfast.
- Eat green eggs and ham for lunch.
- Eat corned beef and cabbage for dinner.
- Get a claddagh ring. Wear it.
- Watch Far & Away.
See? It just takes a few simple steps to infuse your day with Irishness. You’ll be better off for it!
May the luck o’ the Irish be with you. My the wind be always at your back. Wishing you a rainbow. Shamrocks in your doorway. May love and laughter light your days,Â and warm your heart and home. And all the rest.