This greek salad isn’t fancy or particularly unique, but it is so amazingly good. We use this with some whole grain bread to make a perfect light summer supper. It also makes a great side for any main dish.
You can use regular cucumbers, but I love the English ones. (They are long, bumpy cucumbers that come wrapped in the produce section.) The skin is thinner and less chewy, so I never peel them, just slice thinly. Of course you can also use any variety of greens you like. About a year ago I completely abandoned iceberg lettuce as being nothing more than crunchy water. Instead we use highly nutritious greens like spinach and kale. Yum!
- 3 C spinach
- 3 C baby kale
- 2 C romaine
- 2/3 C crumbled feta cheese
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 C grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 C sliced kalamata olives
- Tangy Greek Salad Dressing
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and toss gently.
- Sprinkle with dressing.