A number of years ago our second daughter, Belinda, was fascinated the grown-up office stuff in our home. So, I gathered up her own little set of office things for her to play with. She called it her “mailman kit.”
This is a simple, inexpensive gift that — nearly two decades later — my younger kids still play with on a regular basis. Huge payback — minimal investment.
Here’s what you need:
- Portable office file case
- Return envelopes from bills, junk mail, etc.
- Outdated return address labels when you move or the free ones you get from charities
- A couple of pencils and/or pens
- Fake cardboard identification cards or credit cards
- Old check registers and/or checkbooks (if you’re comfortable with that)
Organize all the goodies in the case and wrap it up. Keep replenishing with free things that you come across. This gift will keep on giving for years to come.