By President Jerrry & Sister Portia Boggess
We have an opportunity for a lucky couple to have a wonderful life-changing experience. The senior missionary couple that serves with us in the Nigeria Enugu Mission will be returning home at the end of November. We are recruiting for their replacement.
About your mission:
- This is a rich part of the Lord’s vineyard. The harvest is great. This mission is one of the highest baptizing missions in the church.
- The commute from the couples apartment is very safe unless you trip and fall down the stairs. Your apartment is upstairs and the mission office is on first floor. Our Senior Couple used the stairs for their Stairmaster machine doing 25 laps up and down each morning.
- There is a security guard at your gate 24 hours a day. You did always want to live in a gated community; now is your chance.
- You will have electricity 24 hours a day from the back up generator. It automatically starts when the security guard pushes the start button.
- Running water 24 hours a day as long as the security guard doesn’t forget to tell you when the tank is getting low so that the water truck can be called for delivery.
- Aba temple is just two hours from Enugu.
Responsibilities in the office:
Co-coordinating arrival and departure of missionaries; inputting baptismal records and finances. Working with the missionaries; helping the local Priesthood leaders; working with auxiliaries in the branches. It is your pick. (In the US they say it’s your choice here they use the British way “it’s your pick.”) It is an English speaking mission. Help with Family History, music, libraries, temple preparation, Young Single Adults (it all depends on the couples experience and where the spirit guides).
Toyota car is provided but it may be replaced with a double cab Toyota truck. Your preference will be a truck as you experience the roads with their numerous chuck holes.
The scenery, the villages, the markets, are beautiful, fascinating, intriguing but you just can’t explain it. You can only experience it.
Witnessing the conversion stories, the dedication, the sacrifices, the faith, the hope, the joy and happiness that comes to these people receiving the gospel of Jesus Christ enriches our lives everyday.
If you can “DO IT” e-mail us so we can start the ball rolling. It will definitely be a life changing experience with blessings for you and your family. If you can’t, please pass this e-mail on to others that may want the opportunity.
Thanks for your assistance.
President and Sister Boggess
Nigeria Enugu Mission