A number of years ago a good friend of mine from high school/college/pageant days mailed this recipe. It’s tasty and quick and much more healthy than the usual melted cheese laden variety.
- 4 small bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 small red onions, cut into strips
- 4 t olive oil
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t chili powder
- 4 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 C fat free cream cheese
- 10 whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cook peppers and onions in 2 t olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cumin and chili powder. Cook 1 minute more. Stir in cilantro. Set aside
- Spread cream cheese over half of one side of each tortilla. Top with pepper mixture. Fold tortilla in half over peppers, pressing gently.
- Place tortillas on ungreased baking sheet. Brush with remaining oil.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- Cut each quesadilla into four wedges. Serve warm with salsa.
Recipe source: Jill Evans