One of the truly great honors of my life, was when I was privileged to serve as the escort when a very dear friend received her endowment. I did not expect to experience such until my own daughters were ready to attend.
It was a gorgeous day in Orlando and I treasure it. Since that time I have heard some great ideas that can help ensure that the first day at the temple can be wonderful ?and the start of a beautiful tradition. Should you be escorting someone on this special day, consider incorporating those things that will work for you.
- Help with the purchase of temple clothing
- Leave plenty of time, so there is no rushing or its accompanying anxiety
- Involve supportive family, friends, and ward members
- Pray often during the day for the Spirit to be with you and others attending
- Fast before the session
- Listen to sacred music througout the day and during travel
- Wear Sunday best clothing
- Take a camera
- Celebrate afterwards with a nice dinner
- Return to the temple soon!