If you’re looking for a vegan entrée that will fill you up—while using fairly typical ingredients and only a little time—give this yummy meal a try.
It’s also very colorful and will add loads of flavor as a side dish or on a potluck buffet table.
- 3 C water
- 1-1/2 C quinoa
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 C grated carrot
- 1 C dried cranberries
- 1 C toasted slivered almonds
- 2 t curry powder
- 4 T lime juice
- 1/4 C finely chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil water in saucepan.
- Add quinoa, return to boil, lower to simmer. Simmer 15 minutes, until water is absorbed.
- Chill cooked quinoa until cold.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Modified from Cranberry and Cilantro Quinoa Salad