As the push to defund the Planned Parenthood abortion mill becomes stronger—and people stop letting warm and fuzzy words like “choice” annihilate their common sense and human decency (excluding, of course, the Obama administration, Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, and the like)—some are publicly mourning the loss of the “Women’s health care” that may, possibly, egregiously, never be seen again if Planned Parenthood were to be defunded by the hard-working and baby-killing-averse taxpayer.
I’m here to help! First, some facts. In 2012–2013 alone Planned Parenthood:
- Received more than $1,500,000 per day from taxpayers, $540,600,000 for the year.
- Performed 327,166 abortions.
- Accounted abortion as 93.8% of their provided pregnancy services. (Prenatal care was 5.6%, adoption referral was 0.6%.)
- Performed 149 abortions for every single adoption referral.
As Susan B. Anthony List president Marjorie Dannenfelser said:
Planned Parenthood claims to be a trusted health care provider to women and girls, but their numbers tell a different story. Planned Parenthood is a business whose entire mission is to profit off of abortion.
Amen and duh.
So for those still concerned about actual women’s health care (as opposed to dismembering babies in utero and sucking them into buckets for organ harvesting), here are some options:
- Check out this map to find the thousands of community health care clinics that women have access to. These clinics primarily serve the working poor and uninsured. There are 20 comprehensive women’s health care clinics for every Planned Parenthood location. [Source: Alliance Defending Freedom]
- Obamacare covers everyone in the galaxy, right? So, for checkups, birth control, etc., head to the doctor’s office, Walmart, Walgreens, health department, etc.
- Planned Parenthood could stop performing abortions all together and focus on what supporters claim is their primary business anyway—”women’s health care.” Then they can keep their 500,000,000+ taxpayer dollars and go about their merry way giving mammogram referrals and pap smears and real prenatal services.
- Planned Parenthood could spin off their abortion services into a different entity with different locations and different infrastructure and administration. Claiming “no federal funding goes to abortion” in a single entity and single location that gets massive federal funding is ludicrous. It’s like giving a junkie $100 and claiming it’s not feeding his habit because he’s going to use a different $100 in his pocket for the coke bag. The charming Cecile Richards could call it Abortions R Us or Humanitarian Organ Harvesting or something else cute and clever to make it sound all cozy and choicy. Then people with actual consciences could sleep at night knowing their hard work isn’t supporting impaling the skulls of inconvenient babies.
Which option will you choose? Do you have others to add?
In the misguided quest for massive socialized health care, is it too much to ask that we concentrate our efforts on true health and care as opposed to progressive manifestations of disregard for the most innocent?